Global Mapper is one of the most widely used software in mapping and GIS sciences. This program is easier to use than other mapping and GIS programs. Global Mapper supports a wide range of data formats: GeoPDF, DLG, DRG, DOQ, DEM, DGN, DTED, DWG, DXF, GPX, SDTS DEM, ECW, GRD, JPEG, CADRG / CIB, KML / KMZ also fully implements LiDAR functionality.
Among the important features of Global Mapper software, the following can be mentioned
As a software for displaying all kinds of raster and vector databases in different formats.
It is possible to download data from the GPS device and, if using the online system, display the position of the person carrying the GPS on the maps.
This software is able to connect and directly access free sources of satellite data, including Landsat satellite data and SRTM topographic data, which in addition to downloading them from relevant sites, it is possible to edit and save data in different software formats. provides
The possibility of preparing 3D data and displaying them in different angles from all regions of the world.
Minimum System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10/11, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2012
- Minimum RAM: 4 GB
- Minimum HDD space: 200MB, plus any space required for storing and creating new data.
- Video driver support for OpenGL v3.3 or later (for 3D Viewer)
Recommended System Specifications
- 8GB RAM
- Dedicated 3D Video Card
- Solid State Harddrive for data storage and access
- Multiple Core 64 bit processor